Jobs & Tenders
Want to make a difference in children’s lives? Your welcome to apply for the positions below-
Business Manager – Chakhle Dilli
Butterflies is looking for a Business Manager to run Chakhle Dilli, the social wing of Butterflies School of Culinary & Catering, which imparts vocational training in culinary and catering to underprivileged youth and equips them with the skills and knowledge to work in any fine dining restaurant or run their own commercial kitchen.
Please download complete Job Description here
Programme Lead – Training and Knowledge Building
Butterflies is looking for a candidate to lead the training and knowledge building programme of the organisation. S/he will be a part of the Research, Training and Advocacy Unit of the organisation which is mandated to build evidence-based knowledge, resources and advocate for transformative policies and practices for children’s wellbeing. It is a Delhi based position with occasional travel to other states for conducting training sessions with children.
Experience and demonstrated track record of at least 5 years leading training and knowledge building programmes successfully is essential. Major responsibilities include developing training programmes, content and methodology, organising sessions, evaluation and reporting. Having experience of working with children will be added value. The person will work under the supervision of the head of ART Unit.
The candidate should be a post graduate in Social Science preferably MA in Social Work and experience of conducting micro research.
Interested candidates can send their applications to email@example.com with their latest CV along with two recent references.
CHILDLINE 1098 is a 24-hour telephone helpline for children in crisis situation who are in need of assistance, care and support for restoration and rehabilitation. Millions of children and adults call 1098 annually seeking assistance to these children which are responded by a team of dedicated child protection professionals with knowledge, skills, attitude and sensitivity. Right from the first bell of the phone call, each step taken by the team matters for the life of children. CHILDLINE 1098 is programme of the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India which is managed in partnership between the Ministry, CHILDLINE India Foundation and partner organisations across the country.
Butterflies manages three CHILDLINE services in South and South East district of Delhi and at Nizamuddin Railway Station. Under the supervision of a Coordinator, each CHILDLINE Team comprises 7 full time team members (both male and female) working in three shifts 24 hours.
Butterflies is looking for two female candidates for the post of CHILDLINE Team Member. The candidate should demonstrate excellent skills, knowledge and abilities to provide effective and timely support to children in crisis situation and sustainable changes in their lives. Working with the team the team member is expected to perform roles and responsibilities with passion and commitment and demonstrate in actions. S/he should evaluation the work critically and contribute in brining improvements in programme activities. S/he should also be willing to work in shifts and possess abilities and confident to interact with children, families, law enforcement agencies, juvenile justice system other stakeholders independently and advocacy for children’s wellbeing. The individual should have sound knowledge about child protection legislation in India, policies and programmes for children in need of care and protection and systems.
· Responding to the calls, document information in a clear, concise and professional standard and carryout appropriate intervention with sense of emergency.
· Interaction with children and understand their situation, identify individual and family problems and prepare intervention plan based on the information and take action for the restoration and rehabilitant.
· Documentation all the cases and do follow up regularly in order to ensure care and protection after intervention.
· Mapping child protection issues, risks and vulnerabilities against children and conduct awareness in the district; outreach activities effectively and document outcomes; suggest outreach strategies based on the experience.
· Prepare social investigation report of child/children and present it before the Communicate Child Welfare Committees with recommendation based on the analysis of situation of each case.
· Organise open house for children in the district and understand their issues, concerns and incorporate them in outreach strategies.
· The person should be ready to perform multi-tasking responsibilities and demonstrate proactiveness in providing effective support to children.
· Suggest areas of training and capacity building activities to the supervisor.
Academic Qualification: Bachelors in Social Work
Working experience: 6 months to 1 year
Interested candidates may send their application letter and updated CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Butterflies is looking for experienced and qualified candidates for the post of Educator for its programme for out of school children in Haridwar, Udham Singh Nagar and Nainital district of Uttrakhand. Closely working with children, families, community members and formal schools, the candidate will be responsible to identify and provide academic support to children in order to improve their learning and enrol them in formal schools as age appropriate level. S/he will strengthen sociopsychological support to out of school children to join formal schools and continue studies in sustainable manner.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
1. Identify out of school children by conducting surveys in the communities in the district; study and develop their socio-economic and education profile closely working the schools in the neighbourhood areas.
2. Create supportive environment and provide teaching learning support to out of school children for enrolment in formal education and continue school in a sustainable manner.
3. Assess their academic learning level by conducting pre-tests and encourage them for enrolment in school; organise teaching learning activities using age and level appropriate content and methodology; motivate them to participate in these activities; ensure movement of children to age appropriate level.
4. Mobilize communities to come forward for enrolment of all the children between the age group of 6 to 14 years in school by conducting awareness programmes using different methodologies like film shows, motivational talks and community meetings in under integrated programmes for out of school children.
5. Deliver the curriculum appropriately and ensure smooth functioning of the examinations as and when decide.
6. Develop a community support structure and maintain a rapport with the community where the multi-purpose vehicle operates and spread awareness using modern technology amongst adults in the community, along with children.
7. Maintain up-to-date document and records such as attendance registers, child profiles, maintain logbook, etc.
8. Submit monthly reports to the field-in charge; submit case studies share learning and insights through field work and relevant photographic evidence of project progress.
9. Contribute in capturing learnings, evidences and building strategies for effective implementation of the programme.
10. Liaison with local authorities particularly schools, resource centres, district education offices, municipalities in order to garner support for children.
11. Work for wider publicity of the programme in the State, suggest strategies and methods for this purpose.
12. Develop strategic annual plan for the district with clear strategies, expected outcomes, risks and strategies to overcome based on the targets given by the SSA, geographic area and the survey reports. Support other educators in developing their work plans.
Skills and Knowledge
Academic Qualification: B.Ed. M. Ed. or Master in Social Work.
Working experience: Minimum two years of teaching in school or NGO. Experience of working and supporting children from lower income household, marginalised societies in their learning will be preferred.
Interested candidate may send their application letter and updated CV, mentioning current and expected salary by email to <email@example.com> with the subject line as ‘Application for Educator”