Child Protection Interventions in the Year 2014-15
- 128 children received protection & opportunities for development at Butterflies shelters
- 47 children were enrolled in formal school
- 123 children were provided shelter, care and protection in the resilience centre out of which, 107 children were restored to their families
- Butterflies resilience centre through the Childline service intervened in 947 cases (369 girls & 578 boys). Out of the total 947 cases handled, 180 cases which were reported directly by police and other stakeholders were produced before the Child Welfare Committee for appropriate directions under the Juvenile Justice Act.
- 46 FIRs relating to child rights violation were filed by Butterflies during this period and staff members regularly appeared before the court as prosecution witnesses ensuring justice for children.
Apart from restoring lost and found children, Butterflies Resilience Centre also provides immediate psychosocial, medical
and legal support to children rescued from abusive situations. The children are engaged in fun-learning activities and life skills training programme covering personal hygiene,dental care, seasonal diseases, self awareness, etc. The sessions help children
develop healthy habits like taking a bath every day, brushing teeth, combing hair, grooming well etc.
Click here to know more about our child protection programme