Want to make a difference in children’s lives? Your welcome to apply for the positions below-
CHILDLINE 1098 is a 24-hour telephone helpline for children in crisis situation who are in need of assistance, care and support for restoration and rehabilitation. Millions of children and adults call 1098 annually seeking assistance to these children which are responded by a team of dedicated child protection professionals with knowledge, skills, attitude and sensitivity. Right from the first bell of the phone call, each step taken by the team matters for the life of children.
CHILDLINE 1098 is programme of the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India which is managed in partnership between the Ministry, CHILDLINE India Foundation and partner organisations across the country. Butterflies which is a registered NGO based in New Delhi manages the services in South and South East district of Delhi and at Nizamuddin Railway Station. Under the supervision of a Coordinator, each CHILDLINE Team comprises 7 full time team members (both male and female) working in three shifts.
Butterflies is looking for two female candidates for the post of CHILDLINE Team Member.The candidate should demonstrate excellent skills, knowledge and abilities to bring positive changes in life of children in crisis situation due to various factor and require the intervention. Along with passion and commitment, she should also be able to self-evaluate the work critically and contribute in brining improvements in programme activities. She should also be willing to work in shifts and possess abilities and confident to interact with children, families, law enforcement agencies, juvenile justice system other stakeholders. She should have sound knowledge about child protection legislation in India, policies and programmes for children in need of care and protection and systems.
• Responding to the calls and provide intervention.
• Interaction with children and understand their situation, prepare intervention plan based on the information and take action for the restoration and rehabilitant.
• Documentation all the cases and follow up regularly.
• Mapping child protection issues, risks and vulnerabilities against children and conduct awareness in the district; outreach activities effectively and document outcomes; suggest outreach strategies based on the experience.
• Present the cases of children before the Communicate Child Welfare Committees with recommendation based on the analysis of situation of each case.
• Organise open house for children in the district.
• Suggest areas of training and capacity building activities to the supervisor.
The person should have Post Graduate Degree in Humanities and Social Sciences preferably MA in Social Work.Working Experience-
Fresher can also apply. However, candidates having 2 years of working experience in the field of child care, child protection, working with families will be given preference.
How to apply-
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 28th February 2020.
We are looking for a self-driven and competent Executive Secretary to support the Director and the functioning of our organization. We seek a reliable, responsible Executive Secretary to support our team and provide timely, high-quality assistance in all administrative and clerical capacities to the organisation. The ideal candidate will be impeccably skilled and organized including ability to schedule meetings, making travel arrangements, and organizing short and long-term calendars. To be successful, candidates should be self-motivated and proactive, able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, and have exceptional communication skills. Previous experience as an Executive Secretary is strongly preferred, but all applicants must be very familiar with office management technologies, including the Microsoft Office suite. Ultimately, we are looking for someone who is able to anticipate and address the needs of senior leadership and perform all administrative tasks necessary to ensure our organization runs at maximum efficiency.
Butterflies is working in partnership with Samagrah Sinksh Abhiyan (SSA), Government of Uttarakhad in Dehradun, Haridwar, Udham Singh Nagar and Nainital (Haldwani) for mainstream of the out of school children. The programme is implemented though Non Residential Centers in the location with concentration of out of school children in these districts.
Butterflies is looking for a suitable candidate for the post of Educator to perform the following responsibilities:
1. Reach out to out of school children in the designated programme areas; establish a sustaining relationship with these children based on trust and respect.
2. Familiarize oneself about the community, study the social context, socioeconomic profile of the population and develop sound understanding.
3. Prepare individual profiles of children with their socioeconomic and education status, services and support system available to them and enroll them in Butterflies programme.
4. Prepare complete data of children, get verification from concern offices in the districts.
5. Conduct academic classes for children for preparation to enroll them in formal schools at age appropriate level.
6. Prepare lessons plans and teach children using multi-level and multi-grade methodology; assess learning progress with individual evaluation and tracking.
7. Prepare daily plan and utilize the Multi-Purpose Vehicle for conducting outreach program, computer lessons for children, maintain library and TLM and facilitate children to use it.
8. Facilitate Bal Sabhas meeting ensuring children’s participation, help children to discuss issues, agenda points, take decisions, prepare plan of action and its implementation.
9. Facilitate health sessions by children to discuss about health, nutrition, hygiene, protection, etc.
10. Ensure attendance of children.
11. Enroll out of school children in formal schools at the beginning of academic year.
12. Mobile community members and stakeholder in the larges sense i.e. including traders, shopkeepers, to create protective support system for children.
13. Teach children life skills using WHO Manual, document learning outcomes with evidences.
14. Involve children in sports and cultural programmes, recreational activities.
15. Organise meeting with parents, formal schools (Teachers) to build and strengthen support system for children for their retention and educational progress.
16. Maintain children’s profiles, attendance, education progress and other important records of children.
17. Contribute in bringing out monthly newsletter of the programme.
18. Support in planning and conducting monitoring and evaluation of the programmes in consultation and with involvement of children.
19. Facilitate official visits to the Contact Point and interaction with children ensuring Butterflies Child Safeguarding Policy.
20. Submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the supervisor by 25th of every month periodically or as and when desired (This sentence to be replaced with common sentence for all).
21. Any other work assigned to you by Supervisor or Director.
The candidate will perform these responsibilities under the supervision of State Programme Coordinator.
The candidate should have B.Ed. or MSW with 2 years of teaching experience.
Interested candidates send in their application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 June 2019